Kinsley is a very picky eater. At four years old, she is very familiar with the food pyramid and the requirements for a healthy body and we are always working with her to try and get everything she needs. Unfortunately, it is an uphill battle because to her, there is only one food she will eat, Pepperoni Pizza. So try as I might, it’s near impossible to get enough veggies in her little body. Until now!
We recently had the opportunity to try Del Monte Fruit Burst Squeezers and Fruit Cup Snacks. We were sent a box of each of the following:
- Fruit Burst Fruit + Veggie Squeezers
- Fruit Burst Simply Fruit Squeezers
- Mango Fruit Cup Snacks
- Mango Pineapple Fruit Cup Snacks
The Del Monte Mango Fruit Cup Snacks are sweet, fat-free, cholesterol free, and high in Vitamin C. Del Monte Mango Pineapple Fruit Cup Snacks combine mango and pineapple in perfect melody. They contain no high fructose corn syrup and are a rich source of vitamin C.
When I opened the packages, my kids flocked in to grab a cup. There is something insanely attractive about little, individual servings of food when it comes to children. It’s like opening tiny Christmas presents. The flavor of each fruit cup was amazing. I am not a huge fan of mango but I found myself hiding the last mango/pineapple cup for later. They were delicious and a big hit.
Kinsley will eat only one veggie; carrots. Considering her carrots must be slathered in ranch dip, it kind of defeats the purpose. The Fruit Burst Squeezers contain 1.5 servings of fruit and/or veggies as well as vitamins A & C and the best part? She adores the fruit and veggie squeezers! I even told her there were vegetables in them after she tried it and she asked for more. Del Monte has accomplished in under a minute what I have been trying to do for four years – get Kinsley to eat vegetables!
The Squeezers are a puree consistency and the pouches are perfect size for little hands. I used to think pouched food was more a “kid thing” but I grabbed one the next day when I was heading out the door and was pleasantly surprised with the convenience and taste.
As a mom, I love that I can pronounce and recognize the ingredients. There isn’t any artificial flavors or high fructose corn syrup.
Fruit Burst® Fruit + Veggie Squeezers:
- Peach-Mango: Pear puree concentrate, water, pumpkin juice concentrate, peach puree concentrate, pear juice concentrate, carrot juice concentrate, carrot puree, mango puree concentrate, natural flavors, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), citric acid.
- Blueberry: Pear puree concentrate, water, pumpkin juice concentrate, pear juice concentrate, natural flavors, carrot puree, blueberry puree concentrate, fruit and vegetable extracts for color, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), citric acid.
Fruit Burst® Simply Fruit Squeezers:
- Apple Cinnamon: Pear puree concentrate, water, apple puree concentrate, pear juice concentrate, natural flavors, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), cinnamon, malic acid.
- Mixed Berry: Pear puree concentrate, water, pear juice concentrate, natural flavors, strawberry puree, red raspberry puree concentrate, blueberry puree concentrate, fruit and vegetable extracts for color, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), malic acid.
- Strawberry: Pear puree concentrate, water, pear juice concentrate, strawberry puree concentrate, natural flavors, carmine, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), malic acid.
Both the Fruit Burst Squeezers and the Fruit Cups were fabulously delicious and I felt good giving them to my kids as a healthy snack. I think the squeezers were an over all favorite and we will be stalking up on those on our next shopping trip. I also can’t wait to try the mandarin fruit cups!
You can find both of these yummy Del Monte products at Wal-Mart!
Del Monte Online, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest
You can purchase the Del Monte Fruit Cups & Fruit Burst Squeezers at Walmart.com.
One lucky reader is going to win a $25 Walmart gift card and 2 Del Monte VIP coupons to try the Fruit Burst Squeezers and Cups!
Ends February 27th. Winner will have 24 hours to respond.
The Del Monte products, information, gift pack, and gift card have been provided by Del Monte free of charge to facilitate my post however all opinions are my own.