I participated in a campaign for Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Zact. I received a promotional item as a thank you for participating.

My twins turned 13 this year and the “I want a Smartphone” pleas began.  While there is a need, I have always resisted the urge to buy them phones because I would have a hard time controlling what they are exposed to, not to mention the cost involved with two additional lines.

I recently learned about Zact, a no contract nationwide mobile service, that has parental controls where I can easily customize the amount of text and data usage, as well as which apps I want them to use and set curfews for usage- right from my own phone.  Not only that, the average plan costs about $22.  I can purchase service for both girls for less than I spend on my own service.

Parental Controls with Zact from Zact Mobile on Vimeo.

Are your kids asking for a smartphone this holiday season? If so, check out Zact Mobile and learn how their features help provide parents peace of mind!

About Melanie

Melanie has been awesome since she was born, so she's quite the expert on the subject. Never mind that everyone else has been doing the same thing. All that matters is that she is an expert. Melanie knows awesome.

8 Thoughts on “Zact Mobile: The best first smartphone plan for your child! #MC

1. This is wonderful. If my kids really actually need a smart phone, this would be the one I would choose.

2. Sandy Cain on December 13, 2013 at 7:47 pm said:

What a great idea! The best part about this (aside from the VERY reasonable cost!) is that the parent can control the child’s usage from THEIR phone. Especially the amount of texting – it seems kids spend more time texting these days than doing anything else!

3. Sue Hull on December 13, 2013 at 8:02 pm said:

My niece is almost 10, and she wants an ipad. I told her to keep dreaming and she might get one when she’s 16. Something like this would be perfect for when she turns 13. She already wants a phone and my sister told her not until she’s 13 which is a good age to get a phone. I’m going to tell my sister about this. Thanks for sharing :)

4. Now, this is what I need. We are in the same dilemma, as our son will be starting middle school next year. I’ll definitely have to take a closer look at this plan.

5. Missy Marie on December 17, 2013 at 9:52 am said:

What a great idea! It is nice for them to have a way to contact you and vice versa. Have to remember Zact in a few years:)

6. Belinda on December 23, 2013 at 1:29 pm said:

I LOVE this! My oldest will be 13 next month and has been asking for a phone. I worry about him having a phone because I see how other kids are with them and how they are constantly using them. I like that this would allow us to control when and how much the phone was used. Thanks for sharing!

7. Jesselyn A/Jesstinger on December 24, 2013 at 8:12 am said:

First, let me congratulate you on having managed to get them to age 13 without and having this actually be the FIRST phone they’ve asked for (or at least will be receiving!) – most of my friends have caved much earlier than that!

But I do still have friends and relatives who will be experiencing these pleas very soon (although not in DUET!) and I wlll pass the ZACT info on to them. Judging from what I hear from EVERYONE is that TEXTING is the big issue in need of control… If only they could get that into writing for school assignments!

8. Richard Hicks on December 24, 2013 at 5:37 pm said:

Nice to see a company specializing in parental controls for the phones. Will be keeping them in mind.