I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Boys and Girls Clubs of America. I received a promotional item as a thank-you for participating.

unnamed

With the holiday season upon us, it’s important to me that my children learn the importance of giving back rather than just receiving.  I want them to give back to their community all year long by volunteering and helping one another.

The Boys and Girls Clubs of American inspires us to reflect on the true meaning of giving with their 3rd annual Give the Gift of Great futures website.  The focus of the website is easy and creative activities that teach families the value of giving back to their community.

unnamed(1)
Visit the site to vote in the Kids Give Back contest, showcasing BGCA kids giving back in their communities throughout the year, create holiday gift tags with the Gift Tag Generator and even learn tips on how to inspire your kids to give back in your community.  Be sure to check out your local Boys & Girls Clubs’ website to find ways to volunteer in your community!

About Melanie

Melanie has been awesome since she was born, so she's quite the expert on the subject. Never mind that everyone else has been doing the same thing. All that matters is that she is an expert. Melanie knows awesome.

12 Thoughts on “Give the Gift of a Great Future #GreatFutures, #MC

1. We love the Boys and Girls club, it’s about the only after school activity that we can afford for the kids.

2. vickie couturier on December 12, 2013 at 4:19 am said:

what a great program,,we don’t have one here but I wish we did,they do such great work with kids

3. Kimberly Schotz on December 12, 2013 at 1:00 pm said:

We have a local Boys and Girls Club in our area. It’s the best! Fun activities year round.

4. Melinda Stephens on December 17, 2013 at 11:04 am said:

We have a local group, but I never though about looking to see what was on their website. I love that they help you come up with ways to teach kids about giving back,

5. Christy Anderson on December 17, 2013 at 6:20 pm said:

Boys and girls program is a great service.

6. Wendy R. on December 17, 2013 at 10:51 pm said:

I’m a huge fan of kids being involved as much as they can. We don’t have boys and girls clubs around here as far as I know, but they seem like a great thing.

7. Sherri Lewis on December 18, 2013 at 1:23 pm said:

This is a great program… I never hear about it around here. I am not sure if we even have one here….. we need to, if we don’t already.

8. Marin Mandrick on December 18, 2013 at 7:44 pm said:

My daughter loves this program!

9. Sue Hull on December 18, 2013 at 7:45 pm said:

I think the Boys & Girls Club is the best! I live in Martinez and the one here doesn’t just help kids,it helps the people in need. I’ve been one of those people and it’s so nice to know they’re there for everybody. I went inside, and they had so many fun things to do. I love that they’re collecting toys for kids. I’m all for helping the less fortunate :)

10. Jesselyn A/Jesstinger on December 19, 2013 at 8:23 pm said:

Even before I was a child (which was a long long time ago, Boys & Girls Clubs were well established and a vital service to communities all over the country. And today, decades later, they are more important than ever. Over the years BGCA has given so much to and made such an enormous the well being of to communities, families and children that I can’t think of anything more appropriate AND beneficial to all than to create an effective and meaningful way for kids and families to give back.

I salute their 3 year accomplishment and I am so pleased to know that this fine organization is still such a vital and beneficial resource today as it was when I was growing up. It’s very reassuring. Thanks for sharing.

11. The Boys and Girls Club is really a great organization. They always have fun activities for the kids.

12. Belinda on December 26, 2013 at 5:01 pm said:

What a great program! We are always trying to teach our kids the importance of volunteering and giving back. I’m definitely going to check out the website!